Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yesterday was a GOOD day.

Wow...yesterday was a whirlwind, a bit overwhelming, exciting and AMAZING!  On our way to see the judge we got to peek our heads in and see a real, shiny, BIG courtroom with a jury area, press seating and HUGE judges bench and everything.  It's the little things that get me excited these days...

Then we moved on to the judge in her private chambers. She was very kind and it was a simple process. A few questions, a couple of smiles and with one stamp from the her it was done; we officially adopted 2 embryos! WOW! It was the coolest feeling walking out of her chambers knowing that we have them now...officially ours; our responsibility to love and care for. WOW.   Then it was back to the clinic...

We met with our nurse and received all the details about what we can expect in the next couple of months leading up to the embryo transfer. So many details, so many prescriptions and so many 'rules'.  We met with the financial coordinator and got all those details wrapped up. Not a lot of complications there...pretty straight forward. We ran into our doctor, Dr. Blackwell, in the hall and thanked her a hundred times for helping us and getting us set on this path. Her response was a simple, kind, warm smile and a "my pleasure."

One of my favorite moments at the clinic came when Si and I were waiting for our names to be called and around the corner walked a young couple - she appeared to be 5-6 months pregnant; her hand on her baby belly, tears in her eyes and  smile on her face. Her husband had an ear-to-ear grin that said it all. I immediately flashed forward about 7 months in our own lives and felt my heart skip a beat and I grabbed Si's arm...our dreams are closer to coming true.  We floated out of the clinic yesterday. This was the best day the Seger's have had in a long time...

God is good. God is faithful. God has certainly led us to the right people at the right time. I am being reminded of God's greatness through this process. And I'm learning to listen to my own sermons - this past Sunday I talked about the power that there is in a group of people who all believe the line of scripture that says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I do believe that...I DO believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

We keep going, making plans and celebrating each day, each encounter, each appointment as a victory!

Yesterday was a GOOD day.

1 comment:

  1. Annnd that was a HALLMARK moment for me reading that. So happy for ya'all and it literally brought tears to my eyes! My fingers and toes are definitely crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete