... about time for another blog post ... about time for an update ... about time for us to get going!
Tomorrow Si and I will be in Tulsa for the event we've been waiting, praying and preparing for - tomorrow Seger embryo 1 and Seger embryo 2 will be transferred into mama Seger's uterus! WOW! We've been waiting for so long, there has been so many pills, patches and shots and the day is finally right around the corner.
I can't even begin to explain the emotions that are running through our minds and hearts right now. There is a whole heap of excitement, a bunch of anxiety, a titch of nervousness and a whole lot of optimism! So - if there was one word to sum that up, that's what it would mean!
At our ultra sound on January 9, Dr. Blackwell told us that everything looked 'perfect' (that was her word ... she used it 4 times!). Hormone levels are great. She even showed us during the ultrasound where she will likely place the embryo's tomorrow...the spot best-suited for growing babies. :) We've done everything we can to facilitate success. Dr. Blackwell and her (amazing) team has done everything they can to facilitate success. Now it is up to God. We are excitedly asking for God's guidance and grace and patience tomorrow as we take this step of this amazing journey we have been on. Dr. Blackwell is one of the best at what she does so we have full faith and confidence in her - but we will certainly be asking God to bless her hands and her heart before we begin tomorrow!
The rest of this lies with A & B - my prayers this week have been that they will choose me to be their mom. That they will choose to stay with us and live with us and trust us to be the best parents we can be. In some ways I already feel like a mom - ever since we adopted them in October I've felt like there were 2 little souls just waiting to introduce themselves to us. I've started a list of all the things I want to teach our kids, all the things I want to do with them. But mostly I just want to love them and to be their mom.
Please say some prayers tomorrow if you have time. Please pray for health and safety and grace and peace. It'll be a while before we know if these little ones chose to stay or go; so some prayers for patience would be good, too.
Thanks, again, for all of your love and support. Here we go....it's about time!
Love & Hugs -
Stacy & Silas
No comments:
Post a Comment